About the Kirkpatrick Funeral Home
The Kirkpatrick Funeral Home believes in treating each family as its own. With sincerity, pride, and dedication, we are committed to this time-honored tradition. We have deep roots in the communities we serve. Embracing both traditional values and diversity in honoring the individual spirit, the Kirkpatrick Funeral Home offers a Full Suite of Funeral, Cremation and Celebrant Services.
The Kirkpatrick Funeral Home in Washington Court House and New Holland has been serving the needs of area residents since 1913.
The New Holland home, located at 28 South Main Street, was established in 1913 by Ansel W. Kirkpatrick upon his graduation from the Cleveland Embalming School and has been operated continuously at the same location by the Kirkpatrick family.
In 1945, following graduation from the Cincinnati College of Embalming and three years serving with the U.S. Army during World War II, Richard W. Kirkpatrick followed in his father’s footsteps and became a second generation funeral director/embalmer in the business.
The Kirkpatrick family purchased, what was then known as the Klever Funeral Home in Washington C.H. in 1948 and has been serving the Washington Court House and Fayette County area at the Kirkpatrick Funeral Home, 554 Washington Avenue, Washington Court House, Ohio since then.
Roger E. Kirkpatrick became the third generation family member as a funeral director and embalmer when he joined the firm in 1969 following his graduation from the Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science. He and his wife, Diana, also a licensed funeral director, currently own and operate both of the funeral home locations.